Friday, September 4, 2009

New Blog!!

I've been meaning to create a blog for some time now, but never knew exactly what I wanted to blog about...

Today at work a co-worker asked me what I was doing for labor day weekend. I explained to them that I am a complete hermit and have no plans and want to keep it that way! She paused and tilted her head with a look of confusion much like when you talk to dogs knowing they don't understand. She then proceded to tell me that it must be boring sitting at home all day. Of course I don't just sit and stare at the wall all day long but you might be wondering what a hermit like me does??? I can basically sum it into two categories:

1. food
2. music

Allow me to elaborate.

I LOVE to cook and even more than that I love to eat. A couple of years ago my cooking style was limited to cooking rice, limited Asian style meat preparation and little to no vegetables... Fast forwarding to today, I've made it a hobby to try preparing foods from all around the world and I'm loving it! Not only is it fun to find recipes and use strange and sometimes questionable ingredients, I've also started eating more balanced meals which has actually helped me shed some unwanted body fat. In this blog I will be logging my culinary endeavors complete with recipes, where I found them, and my review of the food. Of course there will be failures which I have no shame in admitting! If anything they will make for a more interesting blog.

You might think this strange but a lot of my time at home revolves around music. I am a pianist so I spend a couple of hours either practicing pieces I am aspiring to play or simply playing anything I randomly select from my music library. If I'm not playing music, I'm searching for new music. I think there is a whole world of music out there and I'm determined to discover songs that trigger my musical fancy. The other purpose of this blog will be to share with the world my discoveries. I do have a strange sense in musical preference, but open to anything and everything!

I'm excited to get started and see how this goes!
DPM

No comments:

Post a Comment